Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins (4/5 stars)

The third book in the Underland Chronicles is one of the better ones so far in this series.

Gregor is called back down to the Underland when a horrible plague breaks out among the Underlanders. Upon arrival in the Underland Gregor finds himself swept up in yet another prophecy; The Prophecy of the Blood. Can Gregor and others find the cure for the plague in time? Or will all of the warmbloods be destroyed?

This was a quick read and a fast-paced novel. I continually find the presence of Boots as the two-year-old Princess of the crawlers (as I have a two year old son, I find that Boots' character is spot on). Gregor grows quite a bit as a character in this novel as do the people he travels with. There is a lot to wrench your heart in this novel and a lot of hope too. All of my favorite characters rejoined and it was nice to see Gregor's mom play a larger role in this book. There is also a ton of action and some great new characters that make an entrance.

I thought this was a really good book in this series. It made me really look forward to the next book in the series. I also think when my son gets a bit older these would be great books for us to read together.

No comments:

Post a Comment