Friday, December 28, 2012

Review Policy/Ratings

Review Policy:
Right now I am not accepting a large number of books for review.  I have a large backlog of books to review.

That being said if you do want me to review a book for you please make sure it follows the below guidelines before you request a review:


  •  It must be fantasy or graphic novel; I cannot count the number of requests I get for me to review something "a bit different".  I don't like thrillers, mysteries, cooking books, etc that much so I probably won't give it a decent review.
  • Please no independent authors.  I get many, many requests everyday to review self-published or independently published works.  When I started blogging I accepted them all and found that about 5% of these self-published/independent works were actually readable.  I have a few self-published authors I work with but I no longer have time to weed through the other 95% of requests.
  • That's it!  Those are my guidelines.  Please note that I don't respond to all review request because I honestly just don't have the time to.  I work full time and have a very busy child...so this is a hobby and I do the best I can to respond...but sometimes it just doesn't happen.
  • I prefer to be contacted through one of the communities I review through such as Amazon, Librarything, or Goodreads.  See the Contact Me section of this blog for that information.


Ratings:
I review on a 5 sword rating system.

5 swords: 
I loved this book and will keep a copy of it on my shelf!

4 swords:
I enjoyed this book.

3 swords:
This book was okay, but had noticeable flaws.

2 swords:
I did not enjoy this book, it was a waste of my time to read it.

1 sword:
I not only disliked this book intensely, but it had many technical flaws as well.  In short I kind of wish I could burn it.





1 comment:

  1. Karissa,

    I know you've got a backlog of reading, but I wanted to let you know about my book Phantom Hearts Part 1: Bound, published by Darke Media Group.

    This is young adult steampunk-fantasy, told in images and words (with interactive bonus features), about Hannah, a taker of the dead, who travels across a continent engulfed by the first modern war to find the outlawed majick to bring Jason, her forbidden lover, back from the grave. For more info check out www.PhantomHearts.com

    If you think you might be interested in reading my book and posting an honest review of it on Amazon or GoodReads, email me for a free reviewers copy.

    Thanks

    Reema reema@darkemediagroup.com

    ReplyDelete