Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best of 2012 - Graphic Novels

Below are some of my favorite graphic novels of the year. I read a lot of graphic novels this year and really enjoyed quite a few of them.
Click the picture of the book to read the synopsis on amazon.com or click the My Review link to read my review.


The Stuff of Legend by Mike Raicht, Brian Smith, and Charles Paul Wilson

The Jungle, Book 2 (My Review)
A Jester's Tale, Book 3 (My Review)
The Courtney Crumrin series by Ted Naifeh
Courtney Crumrin and the Coven of Mystics, Book 2 (My Review)
The Mouse Guard by David Peterson
The Fall of 1152, Book 1 (My Review)
The Winter of 1152, Book 2 (My Review)
Binky the Space Cat by Ashley Spires
Binky the Space Cat (My Review)
Binky Under Pressure (My Review)
Fables by Bill Willingham
  
March of the Wooden Soldiers, Book 4 (My Review)
Homelands, Book 6 (My Review)
Wolves, Book 8 (My Review)
Sons of Empire, Book 9 (My Review)
The Good Prince, Book 10 (My Review)
War and Pieces, Book 11 (My Review)
The Dark Ages, Book 12 (My Review)
The Saga of Rex by Michel Gagne

My Review
Amulet by Kazu Kibuishi
Prince of Elves, Book 5 (My Review)
Locke and Key series by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
Clockworks, Book 5 (My Review)
Planet Tad by Tim Carvell, Doug Holgate
My Review
Cursed Pirate Girl by Jeremy Bastion

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous list! You've got some of my favourites there too and some I'm dying to read! Only one I can't agree with is Cursed Pirate Girl, but I know I'm in the minority on that one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! What really blew me away with Cursed Pirate Girl was the intricate and nostalgic artwork; I could look at that illustration for some time and constantly see new things.

    I can definitely understand how it wouldn't be for everyone though!

    ReplyDelete