Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Backup by Jim Butcher (3/5 stars)

This is a small novella told from Thomas's point of view, Harry's brother, it takes place in the same time/place as the Dresden Files. It was an okay story. The story was well written but nothing spectacular. The illustrations throughout were okay, but again not masterpieces.

Thomas is contacted by his sister. Apparently Harry has been set up by some evil witches and Thomas, as a soldier in the thousand years old Oblivion Wars, needs to save Harry and get rid of the threat that the witches pose.

Thomas's character came across as a bit dry for me. The story was interesting as was the back story dealing with the Oblivion Wars. The action scenes were well done.

This is a very short novella though; it took me 20 minutes to read. Although the story is okay, it wasn't anything breath-taking. If you are a huge Dresden fan, you probably want to read this. I wouldn't waste my money on it though. I got it from the library and I am happy that I did.

I am eagerly awaiting the next Dresden Files book though...."Changes" will be out in April, 2010. So I have quite the wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment