Sunday, July 24, 2011

In My Mailbox and Mailbox Monday - 7/25

IMM is a meme started at The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

Anyone can participate in IMM and you are not limited to only sharing books that arrive via your mailbox. You can also share books that you've bought or books that you've gotten at the library.

Mailbox Monday can be found at: The Printed Page

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This week I got sixteen books.  It was my birthday so some of those were gifts.  You can see the wonderful gifts below; I am very eager to read them all.

I also bought some books.  I had to get Keys to the Kingdom (the next in the Locke and Key series) because I am dying to know what happens next.  I also bought Out of Time, it was available free for Kindle and had been on my Kindle wish list for a while.  On a whim at Barnes and Noble last night I bought The Spirit Thief by Rachel Aaron.

I got a lot of great books for review most of them were from NetGalley.com including:  Eat, Slay, Love (Living with the Dead, Book 3) by Jesse Petersen, Secret, Monsters, and Magic Mirrors by Stephanie True Peters, Creepy Presents: Berni Wrightson by Bernie Wrightson.

Also a big thank you to Fantasy Flight Games who sent me a whole box of books.  What a pleasant surprise; I was thrilled and am eager to read them.  This box included: Free Fall by William H. Keith, Embers of Atlantis by Tracy Hickman, and Ghouls of Miskatonic by Graham McNeill.  I meet the guys at Fantasy Flight Games at BEA; imagine my surprise when I found out they are based 15 minutes from my house in Minnesota.  So I am excited to read these to support their company because they also make wonderful games!

I got Lightborn (Darkborn, Book 2) by Alison Sinclair through paperbackswap.com.  I still need to read Darkborn, Book 1 but am, again, excited to read this.

Lastly I got a couple books form the library those were: Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) by Jesse Petersen and Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, Book 9) by Carrie Vaughn.  I really need to stop getting books from the library and read some of the ones I have in my house!

Hope you all got great books and have a wonderful week of reading ahead of you.  Right now I am absolutely buried in books and need to find a way to slow down my acquisitions :-)

For My Birthday:
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children The Heroes of Olympus, Book One: The Lost Hero Deathless The Walking Dead, Book 1 (Bk. 1)
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Deathless by Catherynne M. Valente
The Walking Dead Book 1 by Robert Kirkman

Bought:
Locke & Key Volume 4: Keys to the Kingdom HC Out of Time: A Paranormal Romance The Spirit Thief (The Legend of Eli Monpress)

Keys to the Kingdom (Locke and Key, Book 4) by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
Out of Time by Monique Martin
The Spirit Thief by Rachel Aaron

For Review:
Eat Slay Love (Living with the Dead, Book 3) Secrets, Monsters, and Magic Mirrors; Stone Arch Fairy Tales Volume Two Creepy Presents: Berni Wrightson Android: Free FallFireborn: Embers of AtlantisGhouls of the Miskatonic: Book One of The Dark Waters Trilogy
Eat, Slay, Love (Living with the Dead, Book 3) by Jesse Petersen
Secret, Monsters, and Magic Mirrors by Stephanie True Peters
Creepy Presents: Berni Wrightson by Bernie Wrightson
Free Fall by William H. Keith
Embers of Atlantis by Tracy Hickman
Ghouls of Miskatonic by Graham McNeill

Swapped:
Lightborn (Darkborn Trilogy)
Lightborn (Darkborn, Book 2) by Alison Sinclair

From Library:
Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, Book 9)
Married with Zombies (Living with the Dead, Book 1) by Jesse Petersen
Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, Book 9) by Carrie Vaughn

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! You got some great books; I've been looking forward to Miss Peregrine's Home and Deathless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! What a wonderful collection of books. I recently got Miss Peregrine's... too.

    My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my gosh! A YA lover's dream mailbox! Happy belated birthday! Miss Peregrine's Home .. is on my wishlist and I also have Eat, Slay, Love as an eGalley (it seems like a FUN vampire book!) Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice list of books in your mailbox this week. I love the cover for Secret, Monsters and Magic Mirrors.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete