Monday, December 31, 2012

Best of 2012 - Fantasy

I read a ton of really wonderful fantasy books this year. Most of them were middle grade and young adult fantasy book; not by design...but it was just a really great year for YA fantasy. Of all the below there is only one book that is adult only and that is the Riyria Revelations series by Michael J. Sullivan...this is also an excellent series but only appropriate for adult and older.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the list and maybe find something on it that sounds interesting.
Click the picture of the book to read the synopsis on amazon.com or click the My Review link to read my review.


The Peaceweaver by Rebecca Barnhouse

My Review

The Wicked and the Just by J. Anderson Coates
My Review

The Ascendence Trilogy by Jennifer Neilson

The False Prince, Book 1 (My Review)

Graceling by Kristen Cashore
 
My Review
 
The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
My Review
The Last Apprentice series by Joseph Delaney
 
Grimalkin the Witch Assassin, Book 9 (My Review)
Lure of the Dead, Book 10 (My Review)
The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo
Shadow and Bone, Book 1 (My Review)

Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
 
The Assassin and the Desert, Book 0.2 (My Review)
Throne of Glass, Book 1 (My Review)

Riyria Revelations by Michael J. Sullivan
Theft of Swords, Book 1 (My Review)
Rise of Empire, Book 2 (My Review)
The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver
My Review
The Girl Who series by Catherynne M. Valente

The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There (My Review)

The Assassin's Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
The Assassin's Curse, Book 1 (My Review)
Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
The Crown of Embers, Book 2 (My Review)

No comments:

Post a Comment