Monday, November 1, 2010

October 2010 - In Review

This month I read 20 books; a bit lighter than normal since I spent the last week of the month vacationing in Disney World!  I didn't get much reading done that last week :-)  Anyway, I read a ton of great books this month and didn't really have any books that I disliked.  You can see details on what I read, what series I caught up on, my favorites, and reading challenges status below.

I caught up on the following series:
Elemental Assassin: Book 3, Venom by Jennifer Estep
Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologistm: Book 4, The Unicorn's Tale by R.L. LaFevers
Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Book 2, Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler
The Edge: Book 2, Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews
Clockwork Century: Book 3, Dreadnought 3 by Cherie Priest (5/5 stars)

I started the following series:
Dulcie O'Neil: To Kill a Warlock, Book 1 by H. P. Mallory
Frost: Bitter Frost, Book 1 by Kailin Gow (3/5 stars)
Spellbent: Spellbent, Book 1 by Lucy A. Snyder (5/5 stars)

I finished the following series:
None!

My Favorite Books of the Month Were:
Venom (Elemental Assassin, Book 3) by Jennifer Estep (5/5 stars)
The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter (5/5 stars)
Garden Spells by Laura Addison Allen (5/5 stars)
Bayon Moon (The Edge, Book 2) by Ilona Andrews (5/5 stars)
Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David Anderson and Sam Stall (5/5 stars)
Pegasus by Robin McKinley (5/5 stars)
Spellbent by Lucy A. Snyder (5/5 stars)

Here are the stats on the reading challenges I am participating in:
- Summer Romance Challenge: Complete!
- Thriller and Suspense Reading Challenge: Complete!
- Debut Author Reading Challenge: Complete!
- Young Adult Reading Challenge: Complete!
- Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge: Complete!
- GLBT Reading Challenge: 5/8 read
- 100+ Book Reading Challenge: 207 read
- 1st in a Series Challenge: Complete!
- Speculative Fiction Reading Challenge Book List: 19/24 read

The full list of books that I read this month are shown below. 
1.   The Bone Magician (Tales from the Sinister City, Book 2) by F. E. Higgins (4.5/5 stars)
2.   Venom (Elemental Assassin, Book 3) by Jennifer Estep (5/5 stars)
3.   Falling In by Frances O'Roark Dowell (3/5 stars)
4.   To Kill a Warlock (Dulcie O'Neil, Book 1)) by H. P. Mallory (4/5 stars)
5.   The Unicorn's Tale (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist, Book 4) by R.L. LaFevers (4/5 stars)
6.   The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter (5/5 stars)
7.   Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler (4/5 stars)
8.   Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (4/5 stars)
9.   Curran: Vol. 1 by Ilona Andrews and Gordon Andrews(4.5/5 stars)
10. Garden Spells by Laura Addison Allen (5/5 stars)
11. Bayon Moon (The Edge, Book 2) by Ilona Andrews (5/5 stars)
12. Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David Anderson and Sam Stall (5/5 stars)
13. War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells (4/5 stars)
14. The Otherworldlies by Jennifer Anne Kogler (3/5 stars)
15. Bitter Frost (Frost, Book 1)by Kailin Gow (3/5 stars)
16. Dreadnought (Clockwork Century, Book 3) by Cherie Priest (5/5 stars)
17. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (3.5/5 stars)
18. Pegasus by Robin McKinley (5/5 stars)
19. Matched by Ally Condie (4.5/5 stars)
20. Spellbent by Lucy A. Snyder (5/5 stars)

1 comment:

  1. I really really want to get to the Cherie Priest books .. and Matched. I'm going to head over to your Kite Runner review .. I really loved it, so I'd like to see more of what you thought of it>

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete