Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Wrap Up Post

Happy New Years to you all!  Thanks again for following.  Below you will find my wrap-up post for 2011.

This year I ended up reading 288 books, that is more than 2010 where I read 277 books. So it was a great year for reading. You can go to the full list of books read here. I have also broken them down into category below by genre and age group.

I also had some great author interviews and participated in a lot of blog hops, book hops, and giveaways this year! If anyone has any suggestions of other additions they'd like to see to this blog please comment below. I do plan on keeping this blog review focused though and hope to continue giving you all 4-5 book reviews a week.


By Genre:
Fantasy: 65
Urban Fantasy/Paranormal: 112
Steampunk: 18
Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic: 20
Science Fiction: 10
Horror/Thriller: 7
Graphic Novel: 38
Historical Fiction: 4
General Fiction: 12
Non-fiction: 2

By Age Group:
Adult: 142
Young Adult: 82
Middle Grade: 58
Children's: 6

Reading Challenges:
I completed all but one of my reading challenges this year.  The one the wasn't completed was the Show Me the Free Reading Challenge.  When I signed up for this challenge I thought it was for reading any book you got free; lately it was modified so that only books that everyone could get for free qualified for the challenge.  Unfortunately I just had too many review books to read to read a lot of additional free books.

Anyway I am looking forward to a number of reading challenges next year as well.  You can see my reading challenge stats for 2011 below.

- Horror and Urban Fantasy Challenge Goal: 24, Read: 108
- 100+ Reading Challenge Goal: Over 100, Read: 277
- The Debut Author Challenge Goal: 12, Read: 32
- Get Steampunked! Goal: 15, Read: 20
- E-book Reading Challenge Goal: 50, Read: 54
- Zombies! Reading Challenge Goal: 10, Read: 22
- Fantasy Reading Challenge Goal: 20, Read: 57
- Show Me the Free Challenge Goal: 12, Read: 6
- Audio Book Challenge List Goal: 20, Read: 37
- Graphic Novels Challenge List Goal: 10+, Read: 41

No comments:

Post a Comment