Monday, August 18, 2008

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (5/5 stars)

I wasn't really sure what to expect when I got this book. Needless to say I was very happy and pleasantly surprised at what a great book this was.

Katniss is a 16 year old girl who has been breaking the law to keep her mother and younger sister Prim fed. Katniss regularly hunts in a forbidden area of District 12, but since the locals enjoy her game as much as her family does they leave her alone. Everything is going fairly well until it is again time for the Hunger Games. The Capitol requires two children from each District to fight in a game to the death. When Prim's name is randomly drawn Katniss offers herself in her sister's place and partakes on an amazing and grueling adventure.

I really loved this book. I just couldn't put it down. The world created is intriguing and believable. The characters are very heartfelt and interesting. It was very well-written, action packed, and I just absolutely loved it.

Then only thing that disappointed me was that I thought the ending was left a bit too wide open. I understand that their will be another book; but this one could have been tied up a bit better.

I am really looking forward to the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment