Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth by Simon Green (5/5 stars)

This is the 6th book in the Nightside series. All I can say is "wow" this was a good book.

Lilith has returned to the Nightside and it is up to John Taylor to stop her from destroying first the Nightside and then the world. The only problem is John knows that a future exists in which the whole world is destroyed and that future is getting more and more certain by the day. How will John oppose Lilith without destroying the world in the process?

For such a slim novel, there was a lot in this book. As usual non-stop action, continuous creativity, and lots and lots of fighting. I couldn't put this book down and the whole time I was holding my breath trying to decide how and if the Nightside would be saved.

Dead Boy returns in this book along with the Oblivion brothers, Shotgun Suzie, Walker, and Eddie Razor. The Powers are out in force seeking to save their city. It was an awesome book and ends quite nicely. If I didn't own the next two books in the series I would be asking myself if this is the end of the series. Since it's not, I am very curious about what the next few books are about. I am glad that there was some closure for this book and I am excited to see what the next book will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment