Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - 11/4

Okay "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week my WoW book is "Dead in the Family" by Charlaine Harris. This is the tenth book in the Sookie Stackhouse series. The ninth book was a bit disappointing for me, but I have loved all of the other books in the series. So, hopefully this one won't be a disappointment. I couldn't find the cover art anywhere, but here is the release info and synopsis.

"Dead in the Family" by Charlaine Harris
Pages: 320 pages
Publisher: Ace Hardcover
Release Date: May 4th, 2010

Synopsis: "Sookie Stackhouse has finally settled into a relationship with the Viking vampire Eric, and her errant brother Jason seems to have his life in order, too. But all the other people in Sookie’s life – Eric himself, her former lover Bill, her friend and boss Sam – are having family problems. Eric’s maker shows up with Eric’s ‘brother’ in tow, the ailing Bill can only be healed by a blood sibling, and Sam’s brother’s marriage is about to take place …or will it? The furor raised by the coming out of the two-natured has yet to settle; some people are just not ready to sit down to dinner with a man who turns into a dog. And Sookie herself is still recovering from her last ordeal. She’s definitely improving, physically and mentally, but she’s always going to have some dark moments now. The werewolves tell her that there have been strange and ominous passers-by in the Stackhouse woods; now Sookie is about to come face-to-face with one of her more distant relatives…"

8 comments:

  1. Nice pick. I love the Sookie series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series. Hope this one will be better than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could get into these books - I REALLY love True Blood, and maybe that ruined it for me...but I tried the first one and could not dig my teeth into it... I hope it's awesome though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read any of the books from this series, I will have to ask for them at Christmas time. Thanks for the heads up and have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jenn,

    I am trying to remember if I really got in to the first book of this series or not...it was sooo long ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only read the first book in this series -- I'd like to eventually read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I have all of the books in the series in my TBR pile, but I just haven't gotten to them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand a lot of stuff in your TBR pile! Mine is huge. I have no idea how I will ever read all those books and it just keeps getting bigger :-)

    ReplyDelete