Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mona Lisa Blossoming by Sunny (4/5 stars)

This is the second book in the Monere: Children of Moon series by Sunny. I didn't think the first book was all that great, it seemed to be echoing the Meredith Gentry series too much. But I borrowed this book from a friend so I thought why not give it a read. Luckily I actually liked it.

Mona Lisa is going to lay claim and move into her new territory. She has to deal with her enemy from the first book, who is now her neighbor and the existing Monere in her territory. If the premise sounds straight forward it is. This is a very quick, easy, yet fun read.

The characters are what make this book. More specifically Halcyon; without him this book would not be nearly was good. The Lord of Hell was also an interesting character. There is a lot of sex. The only thing I can say about that is that I think that the sex is more creative and more psychologically motivated than the sex in the Meredith Gentry series. Although I did get a bit sick of the different synonyms used to describe male parts.

So I guess if you know what you are getting into, liked the first book, and want more of that this is the book for you. It's a quick, fun read. There's lots of time spent on character development and sex. So if you aren't interested in that then don't read it. This is more of a romance than a fantasy or typical paranormal book.

No comments:

Post a Comment