Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead (5/5 stars)

This is book three in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. This was a great book; I am so happy that this series has been consistently wonderful.

In this book Rose is dealing with a lot of stuff. The guardians are starting their field training, Rose is seeing things, and Rose has been out of control angry lately. On top of all that Lissa's personal life keeps leeking into Rose's head while Rose is trying to get some rest. Of course there is the deal with Dimitri; will they ever end up together? There is also a rumor that the Strigoi are on the move.

This book moved quickly. Rose's character had some very interesting developments. I liked that her and Christopher start spending more time getting to know each other, I also thought Eddie was a strong character in this book. Lissa using magic again was also a nice touch. The ending of the book caught me by surprise and made me really excited for the next book.

I love these books. The characters are very interesting and strong, the plot line moves along nicely, and Mead packs in some nice surprises. Sometimes there is a little too much teenage angst going on, but well it's set in a high school so what can you expect? I think that Rose is maturing nicely as a character, she is starting to become a true heroine and take her job as a guardian seriously. Oh, yeah and did I mention she really kicks butt in the fighting department?

Mead is a great writer and I look forward to reading more of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment