Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - 2/17

Okay "Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week my WoW book is "The Red Pyramid" (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1) by Rick Riordan.  If you haven't read Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan you should; every book in that five book series is awesome.  So, I have been waiting with bated breath to see what Riordan writes next and here it is.  His next series is going to be the Kane Chronicles.  Looks pretty awesome to me!
The Kane Chronicles, Book One: The Red Pyramid
The Red Pyramid (The Kane Chronicles, Book 1) by Rick Riordan
Pages: 528 pages
Publisher: Hyperion Book CH
Release Date: May 4th, 2010

Synopsis (from Amazon.com): "Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.

One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.

Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs."

12 comments:

  1. This book sounds good :) I have yet to read the Percy Jackson series but it is in my TBR pile.

    My choice for todays WoW post is a book called The Thief Taker's Apprentice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these kind of books, with a bit of history in it and I am adoring it already!
    Thanks for this pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited about this too! The moment it's available, I'm snatching up a copy for my son and me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephanie,

    I am waiting for my son to get a bit older so that I can read the the Percy Jackson books with him (he is only three)! These are great kid book and wonderful for adults too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent pick, I definitely want this one.
    Alayne - The Crowded Leaf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cover...the synopsis sounds interesting as well. Enjoy your book. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick, I loved the Percy Jackson series. Every book was better than the one before it. The Red Pyramid is definitely on TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Percy Jackson so I can't wait for this one either. I loved Greek mythology and Egyptian mythology when I was a kid. Too bad Riordan's books weren't around then!

    Here is my WoW pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I haven't read anything by this author but I've heard great things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this book! The Percy Jackson books were amazing! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh, I know! I can't wait for this one either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very excited for this one! I'm still working my way through the Percy Jackson series, but I like what I've read so far. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete