Monday, April 26, 2010

Novella Review - Stopping Time (Parts 1 and 2) by Melissa Marr (3/5 stars)

I picked this up as a freebie on my Amazon Kindle. You can't argue with the price. It is the story about what happens between Leslie, Niall, and Irial after the events that occur in "Ink Exchange". The story is so-so. Not a horrible read but nothing to write home about.

Part 1 is a total cliffhanger, so download Part 2 at the same time so you can read it right away. It's a very quick read; Part 1 takes maybe 20 minutes to read and Part 2 another 20 minutes or so.

Overall, it was something to read. I didn't hate it, but I didn't enjoy it that much either. So it gets an okay from me. The plot was predictable and the writing quality was standard for Marr.

If you are really attached to Leslie and want to know more about her and her boys go ahead and pick up the story to read. Just don't expect anything earth-shattering.

No comments:

Post a Comment