Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why I am Not Covering BEA this Year

I know I mentioned to a number of people that I would be going to BEA.  As plans for the year continued I just realized that I wasn't going to have the time to go to BEA.

Ultimately I had to make a decision between going to BEA by myself and going to GenCon with my family and friends.  I am sad to say (although not that sad) that GenCon won out.  This will be my first time at GenCon; which is in August.  We are signed up for True Dungeon, as well as a Pathfinder session, and we will be attending the create your own foam sword workshop as well.  The bonus for this blog is the GenCon does have an Authors' Alley which I definitely plan to hit up.

So no BEA for me this year and I apologize for the lack of coverage...I will be living vicariously through others.  I am not even doing Armchair BEA this year; because I have an incredibly busy week of running experiments at work. Ahh...the joys of chemical engineering...

I do plan on covering GenCon on the blog while I am there.  So, ya'll can look forward to that.  If you are interested in fantasy and/or gaming it should be some fun coverage.

I would have loved to do both but it's hard for me to take a week of time away from work and do something that's not with my family.  As a family we are learning the joys of sports this year (with a five year old that wants to do everything).  So there's been lots of running to soccer, karate, and swimming.  Add that to the fact that my husband and I both have fairly demanding full time jobs and it's just crazy.

I am jealous of all you guys out at BEA!  Thanks to all who are attending and taking the time to share all the cool things going on out there with the rest of us!

2 comments:

  1. SO jealous! My husband went to GenCon a few years ago, and I've always wanted to go. I look forward to your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you'll get to go some time soon! I am really looking forward to it; I'll let you know how it goes :-)

    ReplyDelete