Monday, March 9, 2009

Kitty and the Silver Bullet by Carrie Vaughn (4/5 stars)

This is the fourth book in the Kitty Norville series and it is officially my favorite. The third book was my favorite until I read this one. This book had so much more character development and suspense than the last one did; I really zoomed right through it and enjoyed it.

Kitty is contacted by Rick (second in command to the city of Denver's master vamp). Rick thinks Arturo is loosing control of the city's vamps, he wants Kitty to side with him in a war against Arturo. Kitty doesn't want anything to do with it. Her new book just came out and is getting rave reviews, her radio show is doing awesome, and her and Ben have a pack all of their own.

Then the unthinkable happens and Kitty's mom comes down with breast cancer, now Kitty has to return to Denver. When she finds out that her old pack has sided with Arturo she wonders is she will be forced to takes sides and to confront her old pack alphas, Carl and Meg.

This book really cranked up the action a few notches, which I enjoyed a lot. It spent more time on vamp politics which were way more interesting that the werewolf pack politics dealt with up to this point. A lot of the characters were forced to face fears and develop in ways that were intriguing. I thought the pacing of the book was good, it pulled me right through the book. It was a fun and quick read. Overall my favorite in the series so far.

These books won't change your life, but they are fun reads and I am really looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment