Monday, March 23, 2009

One More Bite (Jaz Parks, Book 5) by Jennifer Rardin (4/5 stars)

This is the fifth book in the Jaz Parks series by Jennifer Rardin. I thought it was a good edition to the series and I really enjoyed reading it.

In this book Jaz and Vayl are sent to a Ghost Convention to stop the assassination of one of the heads of a coven in the area. Jaz's dad ends up tagging along on the mission and Cole is also part of the party. Jaz gets dragged into some interesting situations with the local demons, ghosts, and witch coven. You learn a lot more about Jaz's history.

This was a great book. It is well-written and fast paced. It was nice to have Jaz and Vayl finally make some progress in their relationship. I do love that these books manage to have some sexy scenes but no explicit sex; it's nice to have the element there and it's even nicer that it doesn't take up all of the plot. Bergman and Cassandra were noticeable for their absence; although there were plenty of interesting characters at the Ghost Convention to keep the reader occupied. There weren't as many nifty gadgets as usual but the story didn't suffer from that either. I still think Vayl is my favorite character; he has the coolest vampire powers ever. Jaz is continuing to develop interesting strengths of her own with her use of fire.

I continue to really enjoy this series. It is in the top five for paranormal series that I really love. I love that these books continue more focused on action and adventure, than on romance. There os a bit of something for everyone in this series; action, adventure, guns, gadgets, ghosts, demons, vampires.

I look forward to the next book "Bite Marks" which is scheduled for an October 2009 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment