Sunday, June 13, 2010

Review - Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa (4.5/5 stars)

I read The Iron King and loved it.  Then I got an advanced digital copy of the Iron Daughter and loved that as well.  So when I saw Kagawa had released a short story that takes place in the time that passes between those two books I was excited!  This was a great little story.  I got my copy of this story through netgalley.com

This story tells about what happens to Ash and Meghan after they leave her house but before they get to the Winter Court.  Ash and Meghan are being hunted by something dark, determined, and evil.  Can they make to the safety of Winter's Realm before it catches them?

If you liked The Iron King you will like this story. Kagawa writes it in the same action-packed, edgy, and engaging style that she her previous book.  This book also fills out a little more about what happens between Ash and Meghan to makes things super tense when they are in the Winter Court, in The Iron Daughter.

I really enjoyed the story.  I read it on my Kindle and it was a great read.  It is just a novella though and, at 60 some pages long, only takes an hour or two to read.  Still it is a nice interlude to hold you through until you can read The Iron Daughter.  Which by the way is an excellent book too.  I am very impressed with Kagawa's writing, I love how she leaves all the bad, gritty things in fairy with all the good.


You can read my review of her next book, The Iron Daughter, here.

Winter's Passage

No comments:

Post a Comment