Monday, April 27, 2009

City of Gold and Lead by John Christopher (4/5 stars)

This is the second installment in the Tripods trilogy. It is my favorite book of the trilogy and is still as much fun 20 years from when I first read it.

Will, Beanpole, and Henry are training for the games in hopes that one of them will make it into a city of the Tripods and be able to escape to provide vital intelligence to the human resistance.

The description of what happens in the Tripods city is amazing and interesting. I remember reading this when I was younger and finding it absolutely fascinating. The end of the book leaves you hanging and wondering what will happen. It is a fast-paced book with amazing detail as to the Tripod race

This is a wonderful creative series; that still inspires curiosity of the unknown. It is a trilogy that seems to withstand time. I can't wait to read the last book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment