Saturday, April 4, 2009

Twilight (Warriors the New Prophecy, book 5) by Erin Hunter 3/5 stars

This is the 5th book in the second series about the 4 Clans of Cats; Warriors the New Prophecy. Once again it was okay. I am finding myself just wanting to be done with these books so I can move onto something better. I think this book can aptly be described as a teenage soap opera where all of the teenagers are cats.

This book deals with the cats settling into their new territories and trying to find a Moonstone so that the medicine cats can communicate with the Star Clan. All the medicine cats are still dreaming of something horrible that will happen to the clan. Most of this story revolves around Leafpaw. Although Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight, and Crowfeather also take center stage at times. As with the last couple books the whole book is spent setting up a major action scene that takes place in the last few chapters of the book; once again a very specific formula is followed in writing this book.

If cats could star in a teenage soap opera you would get this book. It's all about who loves who, who is mad at who, who is apprenticed to who, etc. etc The cats are entering their teenage years (I guess) and all of the sudden all of the great characters from the beginning of the series are getting very unreasonable and temperamental. I honestly did not like any of the main characters in this book; they all needed to be scruffed and shook a bit to help them reason better. I am hoping that this degradation of characters in all of the cats is leading to something interesting...but whatever it is leading to it's not happening in this book. Soooo...hopefully something will happen in the 6th (and final) book.

Same deal as the last book...the chapters propel you through the novel, there is a little suspense, it is a fast read. Unfortunately I am getting to the point where I just want to be finished with this series. If I didn't already own the last book I would probably just skip it, but alas I own it so I mine as well read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment