Sunday, April 19, 2009

The White Mountains by John Christopher (4/5 stars)

This is the first book in the Tripods series. This book describes the journey of three young boys who are eager to escape the Capping ceremony of the Tripods and go on a journey to the White Mountains where there is a rumor free-men still live.

I loved this book when I was younger and reading it twenty years later, I think it is still a great book. It is fast-paced, suspenceful, and intriguing. A great novel for kids, young adults, or a dults; and a great book to read as an entry to the science fiction genre. So far I am still loving this series.

When you consider how long ago this book was written that even makes the plot even more special; I mean these books were written over 40 years ago and they still resinate with the fears of alien take-over that people deal with today. It is an amazing feat to write a book that can span so many generations and still have the story remain relevant and fresh. I can't wait for my son to be old enough to read these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment