Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Revelations (Blue Bloods, Book 3) by Melissa de la Cruz (4/5 stars)

This is the third book in the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz. I thought this one was the best of the series; I would give it 4.5 stars if I could!

In this book things are coming to a head. The Silver Bloods are evidently somehow infiltrated into some of the prestigious Blue Bloods families but no one knows who or where. With Lawrence running the council things are changing at Duchesne school. The students are now learning more about how to defend themselves. Things are getting worse for Bliss; who instead of just having blackouts is now plagued by horrible visions while awake too. Something is wrong in South America and Lawrence is called away to deal with it. Schuyler spends time in misery when she is adopted by Charles Force; she also spends a lot of time in this book trying to reconcile her relationships with Oliver and Jack. Mimi spends most of her time planning her bonding with Jack; when she isn't making Schuyler miserable.

This book had a much faster pace then the second one. The plot line twisted again and again; which I actually thought was well done and enjoyed. I thought this book, more than any of the previous ones, really kept you on your toes mentally and kept you second-guessing yourself. I thought this book really set the stage nicely and made the series into something bigger than high school girls that are super pretty and happen to be vampires.

There are, of course, the prerequisite modeling scenes. I actually enjoy reading about these so they don't detract from the story for me. The amount of time Schuyler spent whining about whether or not she loves Oliver or Jack got seriously annoying; but as the plot moved along she didn't have time to dwell on this forever.

As I said, I thought this was the best book of the series. I liked how complicated the plot got at the end and how dire circumstances end up. I think the story was well tied up, but leaves you wondering what will happen in the bigger picture. I loved that there was a lot more action in this book too! This book finally made me really excited about this series :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment