Sunday, July 19, 2009

Monday Book Haul

I got a lot of books last week. Mainly because...it was my birthday! So I always get a lot of books for my birthday because I love them :-) I also had a lot of wishes granted on paperbackswap.com some of them are listed here; although I won't get most of those until next week.

A quick note, I gave up on "Raven's Strike" just couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried. It goes on my list of 6-7 books that I have never been able to finish. Someone on paperbackswap.com really wanted it; so I sent it to them along with Raven's Shadow and hopefully they will get more joy out of it than I did!

On to the list of books I got last week:

From Paperbackswap.com:

So since the movie for this is coming out I finally have an excuse to get this series read. This is the first book in the trilogy and I am hoping to get the second and third book soon.


I have the first and fourth Fabelhaven books and have been (not so) patiently waiting for the second and third. So finally I got the second book. I think this is the next young adult series I am going to start reading! The fifth book is the last in this series and comes out later this year.


This is the first book in another trilogy I have been really wanting to read. It will go on the shelf until I get the second and third book.


This is another first book in a series I am really interested in. Five books total in the series.


The third book in the Larklight series by Philip Reeve. I love the first book "Larklight". Now if I could only get my hands on a copy of the second book "Starcross" then I would be set! I'll keep my fingers crossed :-)

Books I Got As Gifts for My Birthday:


The description of this book drew me. I am excited to read it; it reminds me some of Elizabeth Hand's writing which I love.


I was so excited to get the next Vampire Hunter D novel. I have been holding off on reading volume 11 because I know that the author ends in the middle of things when he carrier a story over between two books. Now I can finally read volume 11 too!


The fourth book in the "Signs of the Zodiac" series. I love this series and am really excited to read the next installment.


I love the Kushiel's series but wasn't so hot on the second series Carey wrote. This is a stand alone novel that is Carey's take on the super hero world. I am interested to read it and I am betting I will really like it.


The latest installment in "The Spook's Apprentice" series. This is a favorite young adult series of mine and I am eager to devour this book :-)

That's it. Another huge haul. Lots of books to read; just how I like it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment