Sunday, July 5, 2009

June in Review

For me book wise; June was a month to catch up on series that I had fallen behind on and to start a couple new series. Overall I read 21 books this month; a record for me!

I finished reading the Underland Chronicles by Suzanne Collins, caught up on Melissa Marr's "Wicked Lovely" series, finished all of the released Kitty Norville books by Carrie Vaugh, read the latest Nightside book by Simon Green, finished the newest Rachel Morgan novel by Kim Harrison, read a couple more volumes of Gaiman's Sandman, and caught up through the latest Blue Bloods book by Melissa de la Cruz.

I also started a new series; the Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead. And while this is a good series it had less action and more romance than I was expecting.

A couple books that I really loved were "Just Another Judgement Day" the newest Nightside novel by Simon Green and "Sandman Slim" by Richard Kadrey. I also loved the new kid's book "Crazy Hair" by Neil Gaiman.

I had a few disappointments this month too. "Swoon" by Nina Malkin really disappointed me. "Aurelia's Colors" also was a let down. The last big disappointment of the month was "You Suck: A love story" by Christopher Moore.

I am going to be doing some more catching up on series this month. Hopefully I will also get to through a few random books into my reading. Below is a full list of book I reviewed for this month.

1. "Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand" by Carrie Vaughn

2. "Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods" by Suzanne Collins

3. "Swoon" by Nina Malkin

4. "Princess Ben" by Catherine Murdock

5. "Gregor and the Marks of Secret" by Suzanne Collins

6. "Gregor and the Code of Claw" by Suzanne Collins

7. "Succubus Blues" by Richelle Mead

8. "The Roar" by Emma Clayton

9. "Fables and Reflections"

10. "Succubus on Top" by Richelle Mead

11. "Succubus Dreams" by Richelle Mead

12. "White Witch, Black Curse" by Kim Harrison

13. "Aurelia's Colors" by Jeffrey Overstreet

14. "Ink Exchange" by Melissa Marr

15. "Kitty Raises Hell" by Carrie Vaughn

16. "Just Another Judgement Day" by Simon Green

17. "You Suck: A Love Story" by Christopher Moore

18. "Sandman Slim" by Richard Kadrey

19. "Masquerade" by Melissa de la Cruz

20. "Revelations" by Melissa de la Cruz

21. "Crazy Hair" by Neil Gaiman

No comments:

Post a Comment