Thursday, January 28, 2010

News - What is Steampunk?!

I have mentioned steampunk as a genre in books and even used it to tag some of the books I have recently reviewed.
Check out books I have tagged as "Steampunk" here.

A couple of people have asked me "What is Steampunk?" It is kind of tough to explain. But as it is become more prevalent both in literature and fashion I was seeking a way to understand it better. So, I came across a great article that did a brief interview with "Boneshaker's" Cherie Priest. She does a great job explaining the genre in a way we can all relate to...check it out here.

Steampunk is a genre I have really enjoyed. It usually takes some fantasy elements and wraps them together with some good ole' steam-driven engineering science fiction.

If you are interested in checking out some books in the genre; some of my favorites so far have been: Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld and Boneshaker by Cherie Priest.

I think we can look forward to a lot of great books in this genre in the coming years :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment