Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teaser Tuesday - 1/26

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
 
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week my teaser is from "Numbers" by Rachel Ward


Numbers

Here it is: "Syllables stinging like angry wasps, her venom fizzing all around me.  And all the time, as we sat there eye-to-eye, her number was there, stamped on the inside of my skull: 10102001" Pg. 4

9 comments:

  1. I love that cover, it's really creepy. I've seen that book on other blogs, it looks like a good read.

    Here is my teaser: http://twe.ly/1vc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I think I've heard of this one before. Super creepy! Great teaser, though. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Descriptive, intriguing and a wee bit creepy. Great teaser. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesdays-highlanders-destiny.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this book on other blogs, but your teaser has me curious about it. Very creepy teaser!

    Here's mine:
    http://theserpentinelibrary.blogspot.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an excellent teaser! I must know more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very intriguing teaser! It sounds really creepy, and the cover definitely adds to that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks cool!

    Thanks for visiting yesterday. I was so scattered I forgot to add my link at Miz B's! I finished 7th Son last night, though, and liked it.

    ReplyDelete