Friday, December 24, 2010

Best of 2010 - Zombie Books

I read a ton of zombie books this year.  I am not sure why I am drawn to them, maybe it is just because they were so popular this year.  Anyway my favorites for the year are listed below; these are zombie books that were just absolutely spectacular!

The Peculiar Superpowers of Eleanor Armstrong: A Zombie Love Story by K.A. Schloegel
The Peculiar Superpowers of Eleanor Armstrong: A Zombie Love Story

This was a very creative and engaging young adult zombie novel that was like nothing I have read before.  I really enjoyed it and was happy to have read it.  You can read my full review here.



The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell
The Reapers Are the Angels: A Novel
All I can say about this book is wow!  One of the more philosophy rich zombie novels I have ever read.  The writing is beautiful and the storyline is amazing.  This was probably my favorite zombie novel of the year.  Aimed at YA or older crowd.  You can read my review of it here.


Night of the Living Trekkies by Kevin David Anderson and Sam Stall
 Night of the Living Trekkies
Okay this book sounds a little crazy and goofy, but it ended up being surprisingly really, really good.  It is funny, heartfelt, non-stop, and action packed.  Very well-written; I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.  Read it, especially if you are a bit of a Star Trek fan...  My review is here.


Dreadnought (Clockwork Century, Book 3) by Cherie Priest 
Dreadnought
Did you love Priest's Boneshaker last year.  Well this is one of the counterparts to the world.  This is steampunk at it's best; this book is from a plucky Civil war nurse's point of view as she tries to figure out the zombifying disease that is taking over the country.  Loved it, loved it, loved it.  My review is here.


The Iron Duke by Meljean Brooke
The Iron Duke (A Novel of the Iron Seas)This book is honestly a bit romancy for me but it was still a really really good book.  This is another book that ventures into the Steampunk realm, additionally there are zombies that have been created by failed Horde experiments.  One of the most creative worlds I have read about and incredibly detailed and intriguing, I really enjoyed this book.  You can find my review here. Adult audiences only.


Kill the Dead by Richard Kadrey
Kill the Dead: A Sandman Slim Novel (Sandman Slim Novels)Absolutely freaking awesome book.  This book would make a great horror movie; it is action packed, darkly humorous, gritty, and violent.  Another one of my absolutely favorite books of the year.  Tons of zombies that can only be killed via nervous system destruction.  Very cool concept to why the zombies exist.  Definitely only for adult audiences (violence and sex).  My review is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment