Friday, December 17, 2010

Book Blogger Hop: 12/17-12/20

Book Blogger HopThe Book Blogger Hop is a weekly event hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books and runs from Friday to Sunday. The Hop is a fantastic way to get your blog noticed more and visit some other cool blogs that you didn't know about before. Head over and sign up and see what you can find!

Each week a different twist will be added to the hop so that everyone gets to know each other better so here's my little bit of information this week.


"What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

Okay this is a super hard question.  I like my books to be creative, interesting, and engaging.  So I really do feel like a book needs a good plot to keep a reader going.  But you also need great characters.  Overall I feel like the characters end up being more important.  If you have characters you hate reading about it doesn't matter how great the plot is, I just won't enjoy the book.  If the characters are awesome, I am willing to forgive a few plot holes because I am so into these wonderful characters.  So for me characterization is the most important.

4 comments:

  1. HI hopping on through, I am so torn with this question, part of me says plot part says characters . Maybe I should flip a coin lol.

    Happy Holidays

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping by!
    I'm also a little forgiving of plot holes if I like a character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to agree with you...characters are great ways to "hook" you into a story...and it's so much easier to form a lasting attachment with a character than it is with a plot.
    -Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by from the blog hop.

    Lots of good answers to this week's tough question.

    Stop by my blog to see my answer to this week's question.

    Also check out a design site I found...pretty neat home decorating ideas...it is in the right side panel on my blog.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete