Saturday, April 16, 2011

In My Mailbox and Mailbox Monday - 4/18

IMM is a meme started at The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

Anyone can participate in IMM and you are not limited to only sharing books that arrive via your mailbox. You can also share books that you've bought or books that you've gotten at the library.

Mailbox Monday can be found at: The Printed Page

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.

This week I got ten books.  It was one of those weeks where things got a bit out of control.  I purchased The Bronze Horseman for cheap for my Kindle.  Got The Folk Keeper, Fables: Legends in Exile, and Fatal Circle as wishes granted through paperbackswap.com.  Then I found Hex Hall and Flight Vol. 1 at Half Price Books for cheap.

I also got a number of books for review.  I got Confessions of a D-List Supervillan from the author Jim Berheimer.  I have enjoyed his books in the past and look forward to reading this one.  I also got Parker Blue's Bite Me, Try Me, Fang Me as a set from NetGalley.com.  Frost Moon was another book I had been thinking about reading that showed up on NetGalley.com; so I downloaded it too.

At this rate I am never going to catch up on books....  Hope that you all have a wonderful week of reading!

Bought/Swapped:
The Bronze Horseman The Folk Keeper (Jean Karl Books) Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, Book 3) Hex Hall Book One Flight, Volume One
The Bronze Horseman by Pauline Simons
The Folk Keeper by Franny Billingsley
Fables Vol. 1: Legends in Exile by Bill Willingham
Fatal Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, Book 3) by Linda Robertson
Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Flight, Volume One edited by Kazu Kibuishi

For Review:
Confessions of a D-List Supervillan Frost Moon (Skindancer, Book 1) Try Me Fang Me
Confessions of a D-List Supervillan by Jim Bernheimer
Frost Moon byAnthony Francis
Try Me by Parker Blue
Fang Me by Parker Blue

5 comments:

  1. Hope you'll enjoy Hex Hall as much as I did! And looking forward to your thoughts on Frost Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, Flight looks gorgeous!! You have a great mix of paranormal and fantasy. Happy reading!

    Here's my IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection of books, I really want to read Hex hall after reading some very positive reviews.

    Happy reading,

    Jules

    http://badassbookie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ma not familar with these novels, but I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought The Bronze Horseman for my Kindle too - It sounds good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete