Sunday, October 4, 2009

Marvel 1602 by Neil Gaiman and Andy Kubert (4/5 stars)

I am trying to catch up on all the Gaiman stories I have missed. This looked like a pretty interesting one; I mean how cool is it to re-imagine all of the Marvel characters in 1602? Overall it was entertaining. The story was excellent and the drawings fantastic. I am a new-comer to the Marvel universe and as such I think I missed some things that a more comic knowledgeable person would have grasped. At times I also thought the story line jumped around a bit too much.

Overall though I really enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend this is you are a Gaiman fan or a Marvel universe fan. Some of the ways Gaiman adapted the Marvel heroes to the 1602 time-frame were very interesting and creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment