Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Teaser Tuesday - 10/20

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

My teaser this week is from "Generation Dead" by David Waters.

Here it is: "He didn't smell like a dead person, for that matter, either. The crisp scent of pine and autumn leave was all she could smell." pg 87.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting to say the least. Mine is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/10/swiss-courier-teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is what dead smells like... wow. :)

    Great teaser! I've been wanting to read this book!

    Allison
    My Teaser: http://wellreadreviews.com/teaser-tuesdays-the-101-habits-of-highly-successful-novelists

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this one last month and really enjoyed it :) Great teaser this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it!

    http://archthinking.blogspot.com/2009/10/teaser-tuesday-1020.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That one's interesting. Is it an actual dead person? A zombie? Where did she stumble upon this corpse? I'm intrigued!

    I've got a football teaser today! And a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting. I've been wanting to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teaser...although I can't imagine a zombie-type character smelling all that great. I can't wait to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was the cool thing about this book; the zombies are totally different than how you normally think about zombies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha always a plus when one doesn't smell like a dead person. Great teaser =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what I thought :-) This book does an excellent job of treating dead people differently than other books I have read ;-)

    ReplyDelete