Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mailbox Monday - 9/13

Mailbox Monday can be found at: The Printed Page 

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks & audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists.  


After a couple of crazy weeks getting a ton of books...this week I only got two books.

The first was Ghost of a Chance (Ghost Finders, Book 1) by Simon Green, which I actually went out and bought.  This is the first book in a new series by Simon Green.  I have read a lot of Simon Green books, and while they aren't earth-shattering or life changing types of books, they are highly entertaining and always a lot of fun to read.  I love Green's Nightside series, so when I heard he was starting a new paranormal/urban fantasy type series I was excited.

I got Dracula, My Love by Syrie James through Librarything's Early Reviewer Program.  This one just sounded good and it has to do with Dracula...so I had to have it.

Please see below for more on the above mentioned books.  Hope that you all have a great week of reading!


Ghost of a Chance (Ghost Finders, Book 1) by Simon Green
Ghost of a Chance 
First Sentence: "Everyone knows there are bad places in the world."
From Amazon.com:
"The Carnacki Institute exists to "Do Something" about Ghosts-and agents JC Chance, Melody Chambers, and Happy Jack Palmer will either lay them to rest, send them packing, or kick their nasty ectoplasmic arses with extreme prejudice."
 

Dracula, My Love by Syrie James
Dracula, My Love: The Secret Journals of Mina Harker 
First Sentence: "It has been seven long years since the first night he came to my chamber, seven long years since the string of haunting, incredible, and perilous events occurred - events which I am certain no one else will believe, even though we took care to make a written record of it."
From Amazon.com:
"Syrie James approaches Bram Stoker's classic Dracula with a breathtaking new perspective--as, for the first time, Mina Harker records the shocking story of her scandalous seduction and sexual rebirth.

Who is this magnetic, fascinating man? And how could one woman fall so completely under his spell?

Mina Harker is torn between two men. Struggling to hang on to the deep, pure love she's found within her marriage to her husband, Jonathan, she is inexorably drawn into a secret, passionate affair with a charismatic but dangerous lover. This haunted and haunting creature has awakened feelings and desires within her that she has never before known, which remake her as a woman.

Although everyone she knows fears him and is pledged to destroy him, Mina sees a side to him that the others cannot: a tender, romantic side; a man who's taken full advantage of his gift of immortality to expand his mind and talents; a man who is deeply in love, and who may not be evil after all. Soon, they are connected in a way she never thought humanly possible.

Yet to surrender is surely madness, for to be with him could end her life. It may cost Mina all she holds dear, but to make her choice she must learn everything she can about the remarkable origins and unique, sensuous powers of this man, this exquisite monster, this ... Dracula!"

10 comments:

  1. I have a feeling Dracula, My Love is going to be huge. I hope you enjoy it and the rest of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover of Dracula, My Love. Hope it's a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover of Dracula My Love, but i'm not sure if it's one i'd love. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great reading to look forward to! Here’s my IMMB
    Also, check out my blogfest contest hereit’s on until midnight EST tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing Dracula, My Love around and I need to get my hands on a copy. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ghost of a Chance sounds like a fun read -- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to read Dracula, My Love and I love the cover! Hope you enjoy those :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep seeing Dracula, My Love around... hope it's a good read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen "Dracula, My Love" around quite a few blogs. Can't wait to see what you think of it. I'm going to have to look into the Simon Green books - sometimes a book doesn't have to be thought-provoking to be simply entertaining!

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thrilled to learn that you're reading my novel, DRACULA, MY LOVE. I fell madly in love with Dracula while I was writing it. I hope you enjoy the book and I look forward to your review!
    All best,
    Syrie James

    ReplyDelete