Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mailbox Monday - 8/31

Mailbox Monday is a weekly Meme that can be found at:
The Printed Page

At first I thought this week was going to be a slow one for books. But that was before I went to Half Price Books and stumbled into a huge clearance bundle of books I have been wanting to read; 6 books for $4 how can you beat that? So this week there were some Amazon Vine books, a Paperbackswap.com book, and a lot of books I got from Half Price Books.

From Paperbackswap.com:

I have been wanting to read this series, so I am slowly collecting the books. This is the third book in the series. Here is the first sentence: "The wolfship was only a few hours from Cape Shelter when the massive storm hit them."

From Amazon Vine:

I was really excited to get this book. It is the second book in the Hunger Games and was a wonderful book. I've already read it and reviewed it here. Here is the first sentence: "I clasp the flask between my hands even though the warmth from the tea has long since leeched into the frozen air."


I always wanted to read "The Adventures of Fan Boy and Goth Girl". Well now that I have the sequel to the book from Amazon Vine, I have a reason to get that book and read it :-) Here the first couple sentences: "My mother and I both spent a lot of time in hospitals. Unlike her, I survived."

From Half Price Books:


I have been wanting to read these two books for a while. The premise just sounds interesting. When I found them for 50 cents each, it was just too good of a deal to pass up! Here's the first sentence from "Bar Code Tattoo": "Outside Rain drummed against the window." Here's the first sentence from "Bar Code Rebellion" : "Kayla stood just inside the side door of the deli by the Garrison train station."


This is another older series that I have been interested in reading. I got the first, second, third, and fifth book together in a clearance bundle for $3. Another deal I couldn't pass up. Here is the first sentence of the first book: "Part of the problem, Nita thought as she tore desperately down Rose Avenue, is that I can't keep my mouth shut."

So, once again, my weakness for good book deals leaves me with a lot to read. I think that's a good thing though :-)

7 comments:

  1. No way Catching Fire! Must read your review at once, I so wanna read this book

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting on my hardcover of catching fire, but the other books in the list are pretty intriguing too.

    happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goth Girl Rising has a cover that makes you want to pick it up. I have read and enjoyed both bar codes books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have to read Hunger Games before I worry about Catching Fire but I know loads of people are going to be very jealous of that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL That's pretty bad that your review is posted before the mailbox post.. Must be awesome so I will check it out!
    And no you cannot go wrong with 6 books for $4!!
    My Mailbox is up at The Burton Review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is kind of bad I read it so fast. I got the book Friday and had it read by Sunday :-) Now I have to wait another year to read the next one :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zia, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the barcode books! I am looking forward to those books :-)

    ReplyDelete