Sunday, August 23, 2009

Monday - Weekly Book Haul

Got a few more books this week. Most of them were from the library. I love my library! Here's the list.

From Paperbackswap.com:

This was actually offered through Amazon Vine but I wasn't quick enough to get a hold of a copy. Luckily I got a copy through paperbackswap.com. It looks like a pretty good book. Here is the first sentence from it: "The sun sets so quickly in Howland that the people who live there have no word for evening."

Bought:

I have really been liking all the Chris Wooding books I have read. So far I've read Poison and Storm Thief; both very good books. So when I saw this at half price books; I grabbed it. First sentence: "His knee breaks sideways beneath my foot, but I've clutched his head and cracked his neck before he really registers the pain."

From Library:

The most recent book in the Chronicles of Elantra series. Originally this was supposed to the last book in the series, but Sagara is now contracted for three more books in this series. I was trying to get it through paperbackswap but got sick of waiting. First sentence: "It's eight o'clock in the morning. Please remember to fill out your reports and hand in your paperwork."


I have been waiting to get this anthology forever. There is a Dresden Files novella in here as well as a Nightside story. First Sentence: I sat down next to Michael and said, "I think you're in danger."



The third book of the Fablehaven series. This has been an excellent series. I actually finished this book already and it was wonderful. I have the fourth book and have been impatiently waiting for the third; I finally broke down and picked it up at the library. I still want a copy for my permanent collection though. First sentence: "On a muggy August day, Seth hurried along a faint path, eyes scanning the lush foliage to his left."


Another anthology I have been dying to get my hands on. Lots of great short stories by some of my favorite authors. I am so excited to read it! First sentence (kind of lame): "The doorbell rang."

So that is it for this week! Lots of good books that I have to read before they are due back at the library. I hope you all have a good week :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment