Sunday, August 9, 2009

Monday - Weekly Book Haul

This week I got less books than usual, but still more than I can read :-) For some reason I have been getting a ton of wishes granted on paperbackswap.com. That has been exciting but hopefully it will slow down some so that I can read the books and swap them back to get my credits back! Anyway, this week most of my books were from paperbackswap.com; although I did break down and buy one book.

From: Paperbackswap.com


I have a couple erotica books on my wishlist and this was one that was granted. It is supposed to be classic fairy tales coupled with erotica; sounded interesting. The first book "Enchanted" is supposed to be awesome and I have yet to acquire that one. This book is a follow-up to that one that is supposed to be so-so. So I will see! Here is the first sentence from that book:"Pansy's spine arched reflexively where Jack's hand gently prodded her forward, and a shudder crept menacingly along the length of it."



I loved the first book in this series and I have the third, so I was ecstatic to finally get the second book! Hopefully they will get read within the next month or so :-) You just can't go wrong with a Victorian age book about space pirates!
Here is the first sentence from that book: "The grand hotel at Starcross sleeps peacefully tonight beneath a sky dusty with stars."


Okay so I love "Vampire Academy" and I really like the "Georgina Kincaid" series by Richelle Mead. So if you like two of the authors series chances are you will like the third, right? This is the latest series that Richelle Mead is writing. I am not sure how she can write three series at the same time; but more power to her if she can keep up the great writing quality. Here's the first sentence from this book:
"I'd seen weirder things than a haunted shoe, but not many."


This is the second book set in this world; but it follows different characters than the first book. It is a very dark children's series that has gotten great reviews. I am really hoping that it is somewhat similar to Delaney's The Last Apprentice series. We will see. Here is the first sentence: "How I have come to hate this place of evil, this city of Nightmares."

>Bought:

This is the first book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I actually scored the rest of the series on paperbackswap but have been having trouble getting my hands on the first book. I couldn't even find the book new at a bookstore. So, when I saw it at Border's this week I bought it. I figure once in a while I should buy a new book here and there. I am hoping I love this series as much as everyone says I will; I am worried it will be too much romance.... Here is the second sentence: "Screamer's was packed tonight, full of women in leather and men who looked like they had advanced degrees in violent crime."

On Loan From a Friend:


Sounded interested and I got it from a friend; they said it was pretty good.
Here is the first sentence from the book:
"Few in town agreed on when the battle began."


That's it for this week! I will be getting some more book reviews up over the next couple days too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment